A picture is worth a thousand words. Not necessarily. Depending upon who is painting the picture, it might be worth a billion words.
In this article we list those special kind of people who capture the beauty of earth with unrivaled finesse.
1. Bob Krist: The Ace Shooter: It takes extra ordinary talent and unrivaled passion to reach to top of this list. Bob is without a doubt, the world’s best travel photographer. This former professional actor comes across as a clichéd old professor with his hat, beard, and spectacles. But do remember, he has a genius brain under that hat, and an eye for beauty behind those specs. A renowned writer and photographer, he is considered the very best in the business. Do visit his website to check out his work.
2. YannArthus-Bertrand: The Natural: Yann has loved nature and nature has loved him back. Leaving the luxurious lifestyle as the scion of a famous jewelers’ family, and going to Africa to live with the Masai Tribe for three years in order to study and photograph the lions…! Who does that? Someone deeply in love with nature. And his work is a manifestation of this love. Visit his websites to get a glimpse of it, nature has been kind to him, after all, he is one special human being.
3. Art Wolfe: Born for It: With a name like that, how can you not get a career in art and nature. A wildlife advocate and a nature lover. Some of the most interesting people, animals and natural spectacles in the world have been captured by his lens. From the bustle of the great migration of animals in Africa to the serenity of the eternal snows of the Himalayas have been photographed by Art in its full glory. And yes there is elusive the wolf pack as well. Art Wolfe, remember the name.
4. Sherry Ott: It’s a Woman’s World: Quitting a “secure” IT job in 2006, she took one year to embrace a nomadic lifestyle. One year later, she refused to come back to the slavery of the cabin and sold all her possessions and went to Vietnam in order to spend her life pursuing her love for photography and writing. And she has no regrets. She was slave to the corporate world, now the entire world is hers. Her blog is just as interesting as her photographs, and herself.
5. Ralph Velasco: Been There Shot That He has traveled well over 40 countries and has photographed a variety of cultures, humans, activities and emotions. Ralph is one of the world’s best travel bloggers and photography instructors. He has everything from books to apps dedicated to his craft. Best part, he teaches it as well.
6. Jeff Sullivan: Out of this world:Jeff is a special case. While others mentioned in this list have some of the greatest shots in the world, Jeff’s specialty is literally “out of this world”. He has been named the Astronomy Photographer of the year. However, his earthy nature shots are worthy of all the admiration as well. Check out his site for a visual treat.
7. Gary Arndt: Everything Everywhere: Sold his house in 2007 in order to travel the world, and man did he travel…! 170 countries across all 7 continents. Now how many humans can do this? And then there were the activities, right from floating in the Dead Sea to driving aFormula 1 car, he has done it all, and shot it all. His list is too big for a bucket, it must have taken drums and drums to contain it.No wonder his blog is called Everything-Everywhere.
8. Richard Bernabe: The Wild One: Another ex-corporate slave who found his wild side. In 2003, he left behind his corporate job when he heard his call for the wild. He has been traveling the wildest corners of the earth, embracing the wilderness and capturing the mystical beauty of nature through his camera. He is also an author and photography instructor. He arranges workshops and instructional tours. Strongly recommended.Some might even consider selling their house in order to get enrolled with one.