Located between a rainforest and beaches, the beautiful city of Rio provides a wonderfully unique variety of products from within the same tourist destination. The gorgeous city is blessed with wondrous contrasts from the colonial architecture recalls of the past to modern, imposing buildings with a message of the future.
When you take a hike through the region’s geography, you will be mesmerized by the striking contrasts between mountains and the sea, beaches and forests, as well as rocky cliffs that majestically rise from extensive lowlands. Everywhere you turn, you will be presented with a rare sort of beauty that is the region of Rio de Janeiro.
Not a nature enthusiast? Not to worry. Rio does offer a lot more to its visitors than its wondrous nature. Dubbed as a city that never sleeps, Rio has something going for everyone, from sports events to music shows, exhibitions to dance shows, and so much more in between.
With a tropical climate to the region, you will have the utmost enjoyment at its gorgeous beaches as well as enjoying a hike or two through its mountain ranges and surroundings. While the list of things to do in the city is endless, some of the more popular include:
- A visit to the striking 130-foot tall Christ the Redeemer, who overlooks Rio’s immaculate beaches. This famous statue of Jesus Christ is located on top of Mountain Corcovado.
- The immaculate beaches that await your visit
- A trek through the gorgeous mountains that are actually in the city center!
- A fascinating mix of old and new architecture in addition to fabulous museums can be enjoyed with a visit to Downtown Rio.
- The extremely historical neighborhood of Santa Teresa thrives with colorful houses.
- The Tijuca Forest with its breathtaking surroundings that is located tight in the middle of Rio de Janeiro. Enjoy beautiful hiking trails, gaze at gorgeous waterfalls plus so much more while at the rainforest.
- Catch a game or two of football at the Maracana with games played almost throughout the year
- Enjoy wonderful shows such as the Samba show, with its soothing sounds that reach your ears in the night through the city streets in Lapa. There is also a Carnival available in February which lets you enjoy Brazil’s vibrant Portuguese masquerade.
In essence, when you pay a visit to this “Marvelous city” as it is dubbed from its pet name “Cidade Maravilhosa”, you will get to enjoy sheer beauty at every turn; you will get to enjoy the lush rainforests at the backdrop of gorgeous white-sand beaches with magnificent green mountains rising above!
The city is not only blessed with wondrous beauty but comes with the Cariocas (native Brazilians born in Rio de Janeiro) who are known for their easy-going demeanor. You will enjoy talking with hospitable and friendly people who are always up for celebration. You can also enjoy mouthwatering authentic dishes, cruise through beautiful waters and shop for wonderful souvenirs to remember your visit to this place.