Nairobi, which is the capital city of Kenya, boasts of a number of attractions for its visitors. Many visitors come to explore its mesmerizing beauty, with many more coming in for safaris and a trip to gorgeous beaches. You will not get bored while in this beautiful country.
A look at some of the gorgeous places to visit while in Nairobi:
- Nairobi National Park with its remarkably diverse eco-system and collection of beautiful animals such as the elands, wild beast, zebra, buffalo, leopard and wildebeest among others.
- Nairobi National Museum with its impressive collection of art, history, paleontology and culture. It is home to an impressive collection of stuffed birds and has abotanical garden and two restaurants that offer you a chance to breathe easy away from the bustle of the city itself.
- The Giraffe Center which is home to the rare Rothschild Giraffe. It is a wonderful place to bring children in order to learn about conservation.
- Dame Sheldrick’s Elephant and Rhino Orphanage which is a step in the right direction for animals that are targeted by poachers. It is home to elephant orphans as well as Rhino orphans.
- Ngong Hills which take you away from the hectic city life and let you enjoy wonderful strolls through trails in addition to historic walks.
- Bomas of Kenya that gives you a taste of the country’s culture. A visit to the Bomas will meana “visit” to each “homestead” that is a representative of myriad Kenyan tribes.
- African Heritage House which is home to a number of artifacts, masks, art, African textiles, books, crafts and photographs
- The National Gallery which provides you with a wonderful combination of art and history.
- The Karura Forest Reserve which provides for pleasurable walking, running or biking through impressive greenery.
- Kibera Slum Tour which provides visitors with an insight into the lives of millions of Kenyans from different national tribes.
- Enjoy a wonderful shopping experience in Nairobi’s gift shops, traditional crafts for sale, Maasai beaded necklaces, wood carvings and so much more.
Ultimately, a trip to this gorgeous city will leave you wishing for more, with its fantastic lineup of attractions while in the area.From the rich history to the amazing culture, exotic places to visit and mouth-watering dishes to enjoy.