If you are looking for a Hawaiian experience that you will remember for the rest of your life, then Maui is a must see destination. Nestled between the Big Island and Molokai on the other side, Maui has lots to offer. From idyllic beaches to verdant mountains, from exciting wildlife to its rich history and culture – this place is perfect for the adventurous traveler who wants to soak in all that life has to offer.
Popular things to check out include the famous Wailea Beach, aroad trip to Hana to experience nature’s bounty, visibly evident on East Maui’s scenic coastline. Don’t forget to explore Haleakala — the largest volcano (dormant state) in the world along with the Central Maui’s Lao Valley State Park considered to be a former tribal battleground where wars between different clans were fought. And if you are travelling with kids then don’t forget to include the Maui Ocean Center in order to gaze and admire the underwater beauty and sea life. It is best if you spend one whole day here for a thorough experience.
How to Save Money in Maui:
- Hiring a car and exploring Maui is a much better option. But if you are interested to stay in one area then opt for thebus as it is cost effective.
- Find out about the different insurance policies when you hire a car. Chances are your credit card covers most of them.
- When it comes to food, Maui is popular for its diverse cuisine. You can easily get food items here that are attainable from across the globe. But don’t forget to try out the local cuisine for an authentic experience.
- Maui is popular for fresh food items. Hence, as part of the local cuisine you will come across freshly caught seafood and local produce. And it is best to visit the local towns to try out the local cuisines. Ask the locals to recommend which restaurants to try. Pork that has been roasted in banana leaves, haupia (creamy coconut custard) and ground taro root also known as poi and are the must haves when you are in Maui.
Places to Stay:
You can check out the following popular areas for your accommodation:
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua
- Andaz Maui at Wailea
When to Visit Maui:
The perfect time to visit Maui is from April to May. Even September to November is also a good time to visit. These months are the best as they are pleasant, and one can expect to get good discounts without too many travelers over-crowding the area. Generally summer and winter remains too crowded, so it is best to avoid the area during these times. But if you are planning to visit for surfing then winter is the best time as it offers the idyllic surfing conditions. Don’t forget to book in advance so that you can save money.
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and pack your bags for a lifetime experience of fun, thrills and enjoyment!